Law of Success Thirteen Proven Steps to Riches
Law of Success is based on Thirteen Proven Steps to Riches according to Napoleon Hill in his classic Think and Grow Rich. If you are lucky enough to own the unedited version your copy of Think and Grow Rich contains 387 pages. Much of the essence to the secret he was trying to explain was edited out of the version most of us own. Napoleon Hill wrote “The secret to which I refer has been mentioned no more than a hundred times throughout this book. It has not been directly named, for it seems to work more successfully when it is merely uncovered and left in sight. Where THOSE WHO ARE READY, and SEARCHING FOR IT, may pick it up.. . . .If you are READY to put it to use, you will recognize this secret at least once in every chapter. “
That secret was edited almost out. It is possible to obtain an unedited version by going here. Let’s look at the thirteen steps he identifies as the Steps to Riches which are his version of the law of success.
1. Desire: “Dreams are the seedlings of Reality”
2. Faith: When FAITH is blended with the vibration of thought, the subconscious mind instantly picks up the vibration, translates it into it spiritual equivalent, and transmits it to Infinite Intelligence, as in the case of prayer.
3. Auto-Suggestion: Autosuggestion is the agency of control through which an individual may voluntarily feed his subconscious mind on thoughts of a creative nature.
4. Specialized Knowledge: Knowledge…becomes power only when, and if it is organized into definite plans of action and directed to a definite end.
5. Imagination: The impulse, the DESIRE, is given shape, form and ACTION through the aid of the imaginative faculty of the mind. Through the faculty of creative imagination, the finite mind of man has direct communication with Infinite Intelligence.
6. Organized Planning. Everything man creates or acquires begins in the form of DESIRE, that desire is taken on the first lap of its journey, from the abstract to the concrete, into the workshop of the IMAGINATION, where PLANS for its transition are created and organized.
7. Decision: Organized Planning gives you instructions. These instructions will be of no value to you UNLESS YOU DEFINITELY DECIDE to organize them into a plan of action.
8. Persistence: Sustained Effort is the essential factor in the procedure of transmuting DESIRE into its monetary equivalent. The basis of persistence is the POWER OF WILL…
9. Power of the Master Mind: Organized effort is produced through the coordination of effort of two or more people, who work toward a DIFINITE end, in a spirit of harmony. When two or more people coordinate in a spirit of HARMONY, and work toward a definite objective, they place themselves in position, through that alliance, to absorb power directly from the great universal storehouse of Infinite Intelligence. It is true source to which every great leader turns.
10. The mystery of Sex Transmutation: HE STIMULATES HIS MIND SO THAT IT VIBRATES ON A HIGHER-THAN AVERAGE PLANE, USING ONE OR MORE THE TEN MIND STIMULANTS (one of which is sex). He CONCENTRATES upon the known factors…and creates in his mind a perfect picture of the unknown factors…He holods this picture in mind until it is taken over by the subconscious mind. When the emotion of romance is added to those of love and sex, the obstructions between the finite mind of man and Infinite Intelligence are removed. (This is not a complete description of this chapter.) The Power of Desire, Faith, love, Sex, Enthusiam, Romance and Hope are the seven most powerful positive emotions, and the ones most commonly used in creative effort.
11. The Sub-Conscious Mind: The subconscious mind is the intermediary, which translates one’s prayers into terms which Infinite Intelligence can recognize, presents the message, and brings back the answer in the form of a definite plan or idea for procuring the object of prayer. Before your prayer will reach Infinite Intelligence, it probably is transformed from its original thought vibration into terms of spiritual vibration. Faith is the only known agency which will give your thoughts a spiritual nature. (Dr. Hill describes a radio station metaphor)
12. The Brain: The subconscious mind is the “sending station” of the brain through which vibrations of thought are broadcast. The Creative Imagination is the “receiving set,” through which the vibrations of thought are picked up from the ether.
13. The Sixth Sense: The Sixth sense if the vehicle through which Infinite Intelligence may and will communicate voluntarily, without any effort from, or demands by, the individual. The Sixth Sense is that portion of the subconscious mind referred to as the Creative Imagination. Understanding of the sixth sense comes only by meditation through mind development. The sixth sense probably is the medium of contact between the finite mind of man and Infinite Intelligence.
His last chapter is How to Outwit the Six Ghosts of Fear – Clearing the Brain for Riches)
Hope you have enjoyed this brief synopsis of Think and Grow Rich – presenting 13 steps of the law of success.